COVID-19 Resources for all Families

Childcare Resources from Choices for Children: for a list of licensed childcare facilities operating during the outbreak, call 530-676-0707.

El Dorado Transit Now Fare-Free: Call 530-642-5383 for more information

Low-Cost Internet AccessComcast will provide 60 days of internet for free for families that qualify. To learn more about this option and if you qualify, please call 1.800.934.6489.

AT&T: Households with at least one resident who participates in SNAP may qualify for the offer of two months of free service and $5/$10 a month plus taxes and fees thereafter depending on speed ordered by April 30. Go to or call 1-855-220-5211 for more information.

Virtual Club for ALL kids from Boys and Girls Club: Homework Help, Teen Activities, Art, Computers, Music, Physical Fitness and More! It is free and you do not need to be a member. You just need to sign up! All the info is below and the virtual site is located at

Meal Distribution

PUSD: 5 days worth of breakfast and lunch. Pickup at Schnell school Mondays from 11-1:00pmAdditional El Dorado Schools food service info:

Green Valley Community Church Offering meals for pick up from 8:00am-10:30am on Saturdays. Drive up only. Green Valley Community Church, 3500 Missouri Flat Rd, Placerville, CA 95667. Call: (530) 622-3231

Upper Room Food Kitchen
Closed to visitors but distributing take out meals from 4:00-5:30.
1868 Broadway, Placerville, CA 95667 or call (530) 621-7730

Boys and Girls Club Placerville

Free weeknight meal pickup for ANY child 18 and under (19 if enrolled in school), M-F, 4:30-6pm

Mobile Food Pantry

Free Produce and pantry items care of Placer County Food Bank. Every third Friday of the month, 4-5:30 at Markham Middle School blacktop. Summer months included.

Financial Assistance

Federally funded program that helps low-income people buy the food they need for good health; benefits issued to EBT card.
Placerville: (530) 642-7300
Shingle Springs: (530) 642-7300
Online application:

Temporary Living Situation

If your child attends PUSD and you have had/need to move in with others or somewhere else due to Covid-19, please fill out the Change of Address form and have it directed to Kim Kahn, Family Resource Director for Placerville Union School District. We are here to help! If you cannot print this form, a form will be available to you if you contact Kim Kahn by email at or by calling 530-622-6244, extension 6614.

          English    Spanish